Just to precedent, we NEVER do anything for Spring Break but maybe clean and get caught up on life. Which I usually look forward to, but for some reason the kids don't. =) Since I work at the school and I am off too, I decided this year would be different. So about a month before, I started to plan this suprise vacation for my family. (Unfortunatly Paul wasn't able to get it off, but I wasn't gonna let that stop us)
It was almost time for Brittany to leave for school Tuesday morning, I explained to them all that there are these new vaccinations that we all have to go get and then we would come back and get our stuff and go to school. (I was expecting them to put up a big fuss, that is why I chose that excuse and then we would tell them the truth). They all said ok- like no big deal. It was hilarious. So then we went and met Paul and said our goodbyes and he told them then we were going to Vegas to stay with his brother and sister-in-law for Spring Break. They were VERY excited.
We had so much fun, I have never been there before. We went to the Ethel M chocolate factory and the M&M factory and the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay (thanks to grandma and grandpa),
MGM to see the lions (who were sleeping both times we stopped in) and the Belagio for the water show. We also saw the volcano at the Mirage. Amy and Randy were so awesome to let us invade there space. Amy was extremly wonderful for driving with us everywhere and tolerating us. She spoiled us with her good cooking and fabulous hospitality.
What had to be the best part of the trip besides actually making it home from 3 1/2 days with 4 kids, was when I asked them what there favorite part of the trip was. There answers where.. Chris- the shark reef, Trevor-Bobble (neice), Emily- E (other neice), Brit- didn't have one. It made me so happy that they really just enjoyed being around the people we went to go visit.
And of course as always pics are to come. (hey cut me some slack I just got home) =)
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your trip sounds sooo cool! It really does help to have someone you know on the 'other end' who knows all the fun places to go. The only thing I've seen in Vegas were the truck stops and a few of the casino's. When I got married to Rick, we took the complimentary Trucker's Limo downtown. And since we and our friend, who was to be our whitness, the limo dropped us off at the court house and we walked to the designated casino that the limo driver was going to pick us up at. I wasn't very impressed. I'm glad you had such a great trip.
ReplyDelete